Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I knew the surf was big this AM when...

Click on each pic to see a full size version!!!

This is the view from my steps!!!

This almost looks rideable but it is really nasty!

Normally I can't see waves from my house. I CAN usually see what the general sea state is(clean,choppy, etc.) from the steps at my house. This morning when I went outside at about 7, I could actually see individual waves breaking at the harbor. The harbor is about 2.75 miles as the crow flies from my house. I walked up the street to the top of the hill and all I could see was swell stretching all across the ocean. I took a ride down to the harbor with my camera. One guy was out, it turned out to be none other than Keith Malloy. He caught one wave and managed to make it in without getting pushed into the rocks. The crazy part is, the surf is supposed to build all week and be TWICE as big come Friday/Saturday! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment