Monday, August 17, 2009

Headed back to Padang Manana!

So it's now our final night here at Wavepark and it has been a blast. This AM we surfed at Beng-Bengs and Pitstops and this afternoon at No Kandui. The aftershocks from the quake have continued up until even now more than 24 hours after. I'm pretty warn out and sore from a bad fall yesterday at Kerinchi but looking forward to getting back to partial civilization in Padang. My flights back to the US are all on the 19th and it's going to be a crazy day, like 23 hours in the air! Not sure what I'm going to do once I get to LA but I'll post as I figure it out. I'm thinking maybe a drive down to Baja but not sure. Nothing makes you want to surf a nice safe beach break after looking at sharp reef thru crystal clear water for a week. I know that sounds strange but it's the truth. I've heard quite a few horror stories of injuries here caused from contact with the reef and it really adds a twist to even a head high wave! More tomorrow from Padang!
Later,
Seth.

No comments:

Post a Comment